I recreated this stuffed chicken recipe from watching Rachel Ray’s “Italian Flag Chicken.” Its so easy to make and unbelievably delicious, its one of those no headache monthly go-to dishes. If you want to save even more time, make a bigger batch and save them in the freezer. This way you get better tasting stuffed chicken, and its much cheaper than the ones you get from the frozen section.
- 2 Chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp Boursin cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp basil fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add the basil, parsley, garlic, cheese, a bit of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Blend till smooth. Place in the fridge until your ready to use it.
- Prepare the chicken. On a cutting board butterfly the chicken breast and use a tenderizer to flatten it out, don't over flatten! just enough to make it even. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- On a well greased pan, place the chicken breast, and add a spoon of the cheese filling. Don't be scared to over stuff the chicken, some of the filling will come out while its cooking but that makes it tastier, and don't worry there will be enough filling inside as well. Fold over the other side of the chicken breast and place slices of tomatoes on top. Grate some Parmesan on top. Drizzle some olive oil over the tomatoes and chicken.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on how big your chicken breasts are. When juices run clear that's when your chicken is done! Enjoy!