Are you the type to bake a lot only during the holidays? Which holiday cookies do you make year after year? I love making these biscotti’s because they are not too sweet and pairs perfectly with a coffee or milk tea. It even makes a lovely gift.
Such an addictive biscotti, you will want to double up this recipe when you make this. I make this every year near the Christmas holidays, because the red and green looks festive and makes a stunning center piece.
Servings: 16 pieces
- 2 1/4 cup Bob's Mill all purpose gluten free flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 2 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- In the stand mixer, put the room temperature butter and sugar and beat with the paddle attachment until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and mix.
- Add the eggs, water, and vanilla extract to your butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- On the lowest setting of the stand mixer, gradually add the dry ingredients, and mix for another 4 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, put batter onto the sheet and using wet hands shape into a rectangle about 4" by 17."
- Place the oven rack in the center and bake for 35 minutes, or until light golden brown and the edges start to crack a little.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes, using a serrated knife, cut about 1/2 " each on a diagonal. Place them back on a baking sheet. Bake for additional 17 minutes on each side.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!