Are you the type to bake a lot only during the holidays? Which holiday cookies do you make year after year? I love making these biscotti’s because they are not too sweet and pairs perfectly with a coffee or milk tea. It even makes a lovely gift.
Such an addictive biscotti, you will want to double up this recipe when you make this. I make this every year near the Christmas holidays, because the red and green looks festive and makes a stunning center piece.
Gluten Free Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti
- In the stand mixer, put the room temperature butter and sugar and beat with the paddle attachment until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and mix.
- Add the eggs, water, and vanilla extract to your butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- On the lowest setting of the stand mixer, gradually add the dry ingredients, and mix for another 4 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, put batter onto the sheet and using wet hands shape into a rectangle about 4" by 17."
- Place the oven rack in the center and bake for 35 minutes, or until light golden brown and the edges start to crack a little.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes, using a serrated knife, cut about 1/2 " each on a diagonal. Place them back on a baking sheet. Bake for additional 17 minutes on each side.