Here is a quick recipe that’s perfect for lunch. It requires little ingredients and will take about 15 minutes from start to finish. What’s better is that this costs 5.50$ for 2 portions! The reason we only make 2 portions is because overcrowding the wok will set you up for failure. If you need to make more double the recipe and stir- fry it in two batches. This will ensure you get the crispy edges on the noodles like the restaurants.
I’m keeping it simple with tofu, Chinese broccoli, and onions. If you have leftover meat you can also throw that in.
Stir-Fry Rice Noodles (Ho Fun) Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion small
- 250g flat rice noodle
- 1 egg
- 115 g Chinese broccoli
- 100 g extra firm tofu
- 70 g bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 tbsp green onion (garnish)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Soak rice noodles for 1 hour in cold water. If you are in a hurry, soak in hot water for 15 minutes, until the noodles are pliable.
Prepare mise en place
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Cube the tofu into cubes and take 1/2 a tablespoon of the sauce and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Use a non stick pan to fry the tofu until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Cut the Chinese broccoli into 1 inch pieces, separating the stems from leaves.
- Cut noodles with scissors into 5-6 inches, this will make it easier to fry.
- Cut onions lengthwise, mince the garlic and ginger.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl, whisk. Set aside.
Time to stir-fry
- In a large wok, add the oil, ginger, onions, garlic, fry for 10 seconds. Add the stems of broccoli. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice noodles, and the sauce, mix to combine, push the noodles to the side and add a bit more oil before putting the egg, wait until it has cooked about 60% then add back the noodles.
- Keep tossing the noodles, if you see that the noodles are a bit dry add a little more oil. Then add the broccoli leaves, tofu, and bean sprouts.
- Close the heat, and plate. Serve with chili oil, or Sriracha.