This is another one of my mom’s recipes, her specialty is Chinese dishes so I go to her for her knowledge. I don’t know how authentic her recipes are because she always said that she learned to make all the dishes from trial and error. So I’m not even sure if this is something you can actually find or have heard of, but it’s so damn good I’m sharing the recipe.
There is also a fish version which is addictive it’s unreal. I never make these at home just because she uses the old fashion way to chop chop chop the meat till it is finely ground, she doesn’t trust the store bough ground meat, plus she says it taste better. I’m not arguing with her, but I also do not have her patience to stand there for 20 minutes chopping meat. This is actually very common, if you ask the older generation of Chinese home cooks they will tell you the same thing.
Chinese Chicken Patties Recipe
- 1 link Chinese sausage lap cheong (see notes)
- 400 g chicken minced (see notes)
- 1 Tbsp green onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Finely dice the Chinese sausage, and green onions.
- Put the minced chicken into a bowl, add the diced sausage, green onion, and add the oyster sauce, sugar, salt, white pepper, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and place about 1/2 Tbsp of chicken, using 2 spoons and lightly flattening it.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve with white rice and steamed vegetables.