This Caesar salad dressing is so good, and its perfect to bring to your pot lucks because you can make ahead and it won’t be soggy. Trust me every one will be asking you for the recipe, that’s why I am sharing it with all of you now. If you are not a huge fan of kale you can make this dressing with half kale and half romaine hearts. What I love also is that its perfect for meal prep for lunches and just to add a side of greens with your supper.
- 7 cup kale packed
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1/4 cup carrot shredded
- 5 fillet anchovies
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 juice lemon
- 2 tbsp mirin or choice of sweetener
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- This dressing will make about 1 1/2 cups, you will use about half or less for this recipe and the rest can be kept in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- Mince the garlic and the anchovies until you have a fine paste.
- Place your garlicy anchovy paste into a bowl, along with dijon, Worcestershire, mayo, lemon juice, and mirin. Whisk to combine. If you are using another sweetener you might need to adjust the quantity, as some sweeteners are sweeter than others. You should go a teaspoon at a time until the dressing is to your liking.
- While whisking, stream in your extra virgin olive oil. Add the salt and pepper, and the parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Cook the bacon, allow to cool and cut into small pieces.
- Remove the kale leaves from the spine, and place in a large bowl filled with cold water and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove the water and fill the bowl once again. Use both hands to rub and wash the kale thoroughly, strain and spin dry.
- Cut the kale into small 1/2 inch strands. Place in a large bowl
- Thinly cut the red onion and shred the carrot, place into the bowl.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of the caesar dressing onto the kale and use your hands to rub it in, put more dressing if you like. I tend to enjoy my salads on the less wet side.
- Grate some parmesan on top and finish off with the bacon chunks, enjoy!