These long beans are often found in Asian cuisine, we often order them in Chinese restaurants. They seem to hold their texture better. I stir fried them for 10 minutes and they were still crunchy, you cannot get that with regular green bean.
- 100 g beef
- 2 tsp black bean sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 pound Chinese long beans
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Water
- Marinate minced beef with black bean sauce, salt, and 1 Tbsp of corn starch.
- Cut beans into thirds and wash.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic and beans, stir fry for about 10 minutes or until desired doneness. Then set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan and add beef, fry until cook through and browned. Put 1 TBSP of corn starch in a bowl and mix with 1/4 cup of water, and oyster sauce. Add to the pan and stir well. Adding more water if it becomes too thick.
- Add the beans back to the wok until warmed through and plate.