This is the perfect recipe for Christmas brunch, although I must admit I make it a lot more than once a year. Your guests will be salivating when they come into the smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. These can be prepared the night before. Take them out 45 minutes before you are ready to bake. You can also freeze them once they are baked so like that you can have one when ever you are craving a cinnamon roll, and they taste just like when they came out of the oven.
Warning! these are so addictive, you probable won't want to share.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant dry yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- In a heatproof bowl, microwave the water and butter for 30 seconds. Add the yeast and sugar set aside to proof.
- In your stand mixer, add all of your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the egg, oil, and vanilla to the yeast mixture. Turn your mixer on low and start pouring the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix on medium for about 5 minutes. The texture should not be runny, or too firm and dry like bread dough, its similar to a cookie dough.
- Using a large cutting board, cover the surface with 2 pieces of plastic wrap then dust with some tapioca flour. Place the dough onto the plastic and dust with a little bit more tapioca flour. Put another 2 pieces of plastic wrap on top of the batter. This will help because the dough is really sticky. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a rectangle, and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of plastic and put pieces of softened butter onto the dough. Sprinkle all of the cinnamon sugar on top leaving an 1/2" around the edges. Start to roll the dough gently, using the plastic wrap to help start pulling it over until the end. Use a sharp knife and cut 8 pieces, place it in a greased 9.5" round pan. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes, until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for about 10 minutes before spreading the icing. Enjoy!
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!