Are you on the run in the morning? These breakfast biscuits are a smarter choice than your not-so- healthy Tim Horton’s or McDonald’s English muffins. You can change it up with different types of meat or cheese. You can try breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, ham, or even smoked meat. We have tried different variations but still go back to the classic breakfast, think bacon, eggs, and cheese.
- 5 slices bacon thick, fried
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 1/4 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven for 425 degrees F.
- In a pan, fry the bacon on medium low heat until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel. Chop to small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Put butter in a pan and scramble eggs until cooked. Place in same bowl as bacon.
- In the bowl with the eggs and bacon, add the Bisquick mix, green onions, cheese, salt and pepper and milk until incorporated.
- In a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper, scoop about 1 Tbsp of biscuit batter, bake for about 14 minutes. Until lightly golden brown.
- Once ready, place them on a wire rack to cool completely before freezing.
- I like to make these biscuits on a Sunday night and then keep it in the refrigerator, in the morning I pop them in the toaster and they’re ready to go! They usually last for about 7 days, so its perfect for the week.
- I have also tried turkey bacon, and capicollo instead of the bacon.
- If your a vegetarian you can substitute the bacon for some vegetarian hotdogs, or just some veggies.