This is the perfect salad to bring over for a pot luck or if you are hosting a BBQ party. Its easy to prepare in advance and mix in the dressing just before serving, so you can have more time to enjoy with your friends and family.
Beet and Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 beets
- 2 potato
- 1 cup celery or fennel
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dill fresh
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sour cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap the beets individually in aluminium paper. Place them on a pan and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes depending on the size of the beets. To test, pierce it with a toothpick.
- Allow the beets to cool completely before peeling and cutting into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut the potatoes the same size and boil in water for approximately 10 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with the beets.
- Thinly slice the celery, or fennel add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Thin it out with some water. You can use extra virgin olive oil if you prefer but I wanted to keep it lighter. Dot small amounts of cream cheese and add on the top.