This is the perfect salad to bring over for a pot luck or if you are hosting a BBQ party. Its easy to prepare in advance and mix in the dressing just before serving, so you can have more time to enjoy with your friends and family.
- 4 beets
- 2 potato
- 1 cup celery or fennel
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dill fresh
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sour cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap the beets individually in aluminium paper. Place them on a pan and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes depending on the size of the beets. To test, pierce it with a toothpick.
- Allow the beets to cool completely before peeling and cutting into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut the potatoes the same size and boil in water for approximately 10 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with the beets.
- Thinly slice the celery, or fennel add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Thin it out with some water. You can use extra virgin olive oil if you prefer but I wanted to keep it lighter. Dot small amounts of cream cheese and add on the top.