Need a quick recipe for chicken? This Thai red curry is one of my staples for chicken dinners, I have been making this recipe for years and it really doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, the most important is to have fresh basil (Thai basil ideally is best). When I go to the Asian market I always stock up on Thai red curry paste, and coconut milk. The green curry paste is best paired with vegetables if you are vegetarian especially delicious with eggplants. I also buy my basil at the Asian markets I find it is fresher and you get more for your buck.
Thai Red Curry Recipe
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Have all your vegetables cut approximately the same size, and mince the garlic.
- In your wok or non stick pan, heat up the oil on medium high and add the chicken, cook for 2 minutes just to get a nice browning on them but not fully cooked.
- Add the ginger, garlic and the vegetables and fry for another 2 minutes, till the onions start to sweat and turn a bit translucent.
- Add the red curry paste and sugar, cook for a minute, then add the coconut milk and the fish sauce.
- Let simmer for another 3 minutes until the vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Plate and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve with white rice or sticky rice.