Need a last minute quick dessert to bring to a party? These are perfect for fall, it took me awhile to come up with these. I have been seeing so much pumpkin inspired recipes, but they are the same ones that I see on most sites; Pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin chocolate chips, pumpkin pancakes/waffles. These are delicious because sugar tarts are obviously, just sugar, so they are very sweet, but adding the pumpkin spiced whipped cream cuts that sugar and gives you a hint of fall in every bite. To make my life easier I used store bought tart shells, but if you have time and patients, you can make them by scratch. What I didn’t slack on was making the pumpkin purée. It does taste a lot better and is very easy to make.
Sugar Tart With Pumpkin Whipped Cream Recipe
- 30 tart shells frozen
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 small Pumpkin
Pumpkin Whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp White sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin puree
- Roast the pumpkin: You may make this a day in advance if you want. Preheat your oven to 370 degrees F. Wash the pumpkin and dry it. Cut it in half, and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminium paper. Bake it for 1 1/2 hours. Remove and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the tart shells from the freezer and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the sugar, maple syrup, flour, vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the eggs until well incorporated and then add the evaporated milk.
- Fill the tart shells 3/4 full, make sure not to overfill, they will bubble up in the oven.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, until the shells are a nice golden brown.
- Once the pumpkin is cools scoop out the pumpkin and place in a food processor to a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/4 cup for the whipped cream.
- To make the pumpkin spiced whipped cream: In a medium mixing bowl place your whipping cream with the sugar. Using a hand mixer, whip until thick and soft peaks form. Fold in the spices, and pumpkin purée.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream on each sugar tart. Grate more nutmeg on top.