Since I found out I was allergic to oatmeal in 2009, I have been avoiding anything that contains oatmeal, but that can be a hard task since a lot of the cereals, snacks, and cookies contain oatmeal. The one thing that I really missed was hot oatmeal with brown sugar and fruits for breakfast. Now, I have hot quinoa porridge, and its been so long that I can’t even remember what hot oatmeal tastes like, but I think this is pretty darn close, and just as satisfying.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes organic
- 1/4 cup berries
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- In a microwavable bowl, put the coconut milk and quinoa flakes, cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir well.
- Place it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds until the quinoa is ready. Let stand for a couple of minutes, add more milk if it is too thick.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon.
- Wash berries well and add it to porridge.