This is always a requested dish, especially in the summer when we cook on the BBQ 3 nights a week. It is easy to make and you can marinate any type of protein that you like. Today I made a Portuguese inspired brochettes, I wanted to use up the chorizo sausage that I had left over from the paella I made the night before. I used up some olives, peppers, and onions, such an easy and quick dinner. Click on the link below for the Piri piri sauce recipe.
- 1/4 cup Piri piri sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 10 Pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Chorizo sausage
- Cut the pork into bite size pieces and marinate in piri piri sauce overnight.
- Cut the peppers, onions, and chorizo into similar sizes.
- Using a metal or wooden skewer, alternate between meat and veggies, placing the meat and sausage snug, so that the chorizo doesn't dry out.
- Grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side depending on the size of the meat. Serve with some piri piri sauce.