This is always a requested dish, especially in the summer when we cook on the BBQ 3 nights a week. It is easy to make and you can marinate any type of protein that you like. Today I made a Portuguese inspired brochettes, I wanted to use up the chorizo sausage that I had left over from the paella I made the night before. I used up some olives, peppers, and onions, such an easy and quick dinner. Click on the link below for the Piri piri sauce recipe.
Servings: 6 skewers
- 1/4 cup Piri piri sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 10 Pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Chorizo sausage
- Cut the pork into bite size pieces and marinate in piri piri sauce overnight.
- Cut the peppers, onions, and chorizo into similar sizes.
- Using a metal or wooden skewer, alternate between meat and veggies, placing the meat and sausage snug, so that the chorizo doesn't dry out.
- Grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side depending on the size of the meat. Serve with some piri piri sauce.
Calories: 643kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 98g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 308mg | Sodium: 578mg | Potassium: 1913mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!
Piri Piri Sauce Recipe
Spicy tangy roasted red pepper sauce that you'll want to eat with everything.Check out this recipe