Here is a oatmeal cookie recipe adapted from Stephanie Jaworski from Joyofbaking.com. I wanted to try this recipe so that Rastacook can start appreciating oatmeal, its a great healthy snack, and since Rastacook never takes the time to make breakfast for himself this pairs perfectly with his morning coffee.
Simple and easy oatmeal cookies are a classic recipe to have on handPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Servings: 24 cookies
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter room temp
- 1 egg room temp
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisin
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roast nuts by placing them on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add egg and vanilla until combined.In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture till incorporated. Stir in oats, nuts, and raisins.
- I prefer smaller cookies so I use a small ice cream scoop, place them on the baking sheet 1" apart, then pat them down with my fingers. Bake cookies for 11 minutes. Once they're done place them on a wire rack to cool, then keep in a cookie jar.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!