This dessert is perfect for the warmer days when you don’t feel like using your oven to make a dessert, its also good to make in advance since it needs to set for a thicker consistency. I make the chocolate mousse with tofu so that it is healthier, and honestly you can’t even taste the difference. In this recipe I will give you the recipe for a regular chocolate mousse, but click on the link below for the tofu chocolate mousse.
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 250 g Cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Over a double boiler on medium-low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter and instant coffee, wait till the chocolate is completely melted and remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Once the chocolate has cooled to room temperature, gently fold in the chocolate into the whipped cream. Pour into individual cups filing the cups half to 3/4 full. Making sure you keep enough space for the cheesecake layer. Cool in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Put the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip it until a bit fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the sweetened condensed milk and whip until well incorporated. Pour on top of the mousse, and refrigerate for another 3-4 hours.
- You can garnish with more chocolate, or fruits. I had used gluten free wafers from Glutino. Enjoy!
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!