Happy New Years everyone! I wish you all the happiness and success for 2014!
Here’s another classic and super easy soup. I made this for a pot luck on New Year’s Eve and everyone asked me for the recipe, so here it is!
- 3 leeks
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stalk
- 2 potato medium
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 vegetable bouillon cube or chicken bouillon
- Cut up the leeks and soak in cold water for 5 minutes to wash them properly, repeat the steps 2-3 times until they are clean.
- Cut up all the vegetables approximately the same size and throw it in a large pot.
- Once all the veggies are in the pot , pour enough water till it just covers the vegetables.
- Add the vegetable or chicken bouillon cubes and simmer on medium-low heat for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes and using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Place pot back onto burner and boil on medium heat until the soup is hot. Add the milk and immediately remove the pot from the stove burner.