Here is a simple lunch idea. Its super easy to put together and pretty healthy too! you can make it for a light dinner on days when there is not much time for cooking.
- 2 chicken breast cooked
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki sauce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tbsp kalamata olives sliced
- 4 pita
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Poach the chicken breast. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, making sure the chicken is well submerged, put in the chicken breast and reduce the heat to low. Cook with the lid on for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. When there are clear juices running out that is when it is ready. Cool and then shred in pieces with 2 forks or by hand.
- Season with oregano, garlic powder, lemon juice, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Thinly slice, onions, cucumbers, olives and tomatoes.
- Assemble the pita wraps; place the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and then the chicken on half the side of the pita, top it with generous dolops of tzatziki sauce, and olives. Roll it up and enjoy!