Everyone was telling this fall how sweet the apples were, I was pretty jealous because I’m a bit allergic to apples, weirdly if I remove the peel and cook the apples I don’t get the tingly feeling in my throat.
Gluten Free Apple Crumble Recipe
- 4 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coarse sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter cold
- Caramel Sauce optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and dice the apples. Place in a small saucepan with the lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir on medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and put it in 2 ramekins.
- In a small mixing bowl, put the quinoa flakes, sugar, and butter. Using a fork to mix until you get a coarse crumbly mixture.
- Spoon mixture over the apples and bake in the oven until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with caramel sauce.