Here is my version of an easier doner recipe and it uses boneless pork rib roast so it has little fat on the top which will brown nicely, but it is still very lean as you can see from the picture. If you don’t like meat on the leaner side you can always substitute it with boneless pork shoulder.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork rib roast
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Marinate the pork. In a small bowl mix the garlic, red wine vinegar, oregano, oil, salt and pepper. Pour it over the pork and allow to marinate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, cook the pork for 1 hour to 1 hour and a half or until the internal temperature reads at least 145 degrees F. Remove from the oven when it is done and allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes. Remove the juices from the pan and reserve.
- On a cutting board start to cut the pork into thin slices. Lay it out on a baking sheet and sprinkle more oregano and garlic powder. Broil the meat on high until it is golden brown. Once it is nicely browned on both sides, spoon on a bit of the reserved juices.
- Serve with home made tzatziki.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1220mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!