I have been sick this past week so I decided to make one of our fav soups, butternut squash soup. Of course I take advantage and add more veggies since it will be pureed in the blender.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 squash medium sized
- 3 carrots
- 2 celery
- 1/2 onion
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube OR replace with chicken bouillon cube
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream to taste, add a dash on top of each serving
- Start by boiling the water in a large saucepan and add the bouillon cube.
- Peel, and cut the squash into 1" cubes.
- Cut the onion, carrots and celery about the same cube size as the squash.
- Put vegetables in the boiling water and boil on simmer until the vegetables are very tender about 30-45 minutes.
- Allow soup to cool slightly before blending.
- Bring soup to boil before serving and add dash of cream to each bowl.
- If you want the soup to be more filling you can also add one medium size potato. I usually add the potato when I am having the soup alone as a main dish.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 13846IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!