I remember that baking was what made me discover my love for cooking, and I recall making banana cake as the first recipe I ever tried. I was at a high school friends house and her mom had just made this banana cake. I have never had something so moist and light, with a hint of bittersweet chocolate and sweetness from the banana it was so good I knew I had to have it again, so I asked her for the recipe and since then I have never tried another banana cake recipe.
Banana cake with chocolate chips are so addictive!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 bananas large
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix till incorporated. Add in the mashed bananas and semi-sweet chocolate.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 303IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @chichilicious_food or tag #chichilicious!