Sometimes I crave for a salad that is satisfying and filling but without having lettuce or any leafy greens. Something that has full of flavors and still consistent enough so that I don’t feel like I’m on a diet. This Asian (Thai / Vietnamese) inspired salad recipe is easy to make with a bit of prep and will sure satisfy all your taste buds!
Have you ever bought Chinese roasted duck? Well if you have left overs just chop it up and use it instead of the beef. The flavors of the roasted duck with the tangy dressing and herbs is so delicious, my mouth is watering just think about it.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red chilies with seeds
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 500-700 g skirt steak or flank steak
- 4 small cucumbers
- 3 small carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 10 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- Marinate the beef, for at least 2 hours. Bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Thinly cut the onions, cucumbers, and carrots using a potato peeler. Put it in ice water until ready to use.
- Roughly chop the mint and cilantro. Cut one small chili if you like it spicy.
- Cook the beef until medium rare, 6-8 minutes depending on the size. Let the beef rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the ingredients for the salad dressing and put all the vegetables and beef in a large bowl. Mix well. Garnish with roasted peanuts. Enjoy!